L3HARRIS BNVD (AN/PVS-31A) 2376+ FOM
L3Harris AN/PVS-31a Lead Time:
-L3 2376 min FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor: IN STOCK
-L3 2376 min FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor – Aviation grade: IN STOCK
The L3 AN/PVS-31A is an extremely light weight binocular night vision goggle. The PVS-31A was designed by L3 in conjunction with USSOCOM to replace the PVS-15. The unit features an articulating housing with manual gain, a battery pack, and incredible tube resolution.
The PVS-31 can be run both off of an onboard AA battery or powered from the included battery pack. Because of the light weight design, the user does not need to run a counterweight and can simply use the battery pack to balance the helmet. The PVS-31 battery pack also has an on board IR strobe for signaling and aerial identification. The IR strobe is operated by a single switch on the back of the battery pack. One great thing about the ability to run a battery pack is the speed in which the goggles can be up and running. With the PVS-31 the user simply can drop the dovetail on a Wilcox G24 mount and plug in the battery cable to the battery pack port on the PVS-31 housing and use their goggles.
The AN/PVS-31A has an articulating housing with independently rotating optical pods. This lets the user deploy both tubes or a single tube. This is especially helpful when users are deploying their PVS-31’s while using a thermal device. The optical pod articulation also lets users stow their goggles without having to flip the goggles up on the helmet mount. This reduces snag hazard and additional height added to the helmet.
The AN/PVS-31A uses L3 Filmless White Phosphor autogated image intensifier tubes with a 2376 min FOM rating from the factory. These filmless tubes provide incredible clarity, low light and high light performance, and increased depth perception. These are L3’s most advanced intensifier tubes and offers significant performance increases over other white phosphor systems.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum
- Milspec Spot Spec: can have max 4 spots per tube larger than .003″, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
- This option is how they ship standard from L3Harris.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor – Aviation Grade:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum
- Aviation Spot Spec: Max 3 spots per tube larger than .003″ in zone 3, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1 or 2. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
- This option is for our customers that want a stricter spot spec offered from the factory. This option is hand selected strictly to meet the above aviation spot spec. Even though PVS-31a’s in general have incredible tubes, spots are still a reality in all night vision. If you are a customer that wants to insure a stricter spot spec this is a great option. Please understand that although an aviation spot spec is way stricter than the milspec spot spec, spots </= .003″ are still acceptable and are a reality of night vision.
- Includes a Improved Counterweight Kit, put your color option on the order notes (MC, Black MC, or Coyote)
- Please allow for additional lead time for aviation grade as this is a stricter spot spec than offered from L3Harris. Since we cannot order these to an aviation spot spec from L3Harris we cannot quote a definitive lead time. On average this option takes 60-90 days longer than the standard option.
-AN/PVS-31a 2376 minimum FOM Goggles
-PVS-31 battery pack & cable